The beauty of being a creative is that you are constantly surrounded by beautiful things. It’s not a habit, or a trend, it’s a way of life.
In any given week I’m exposed to objects, pictures, colours, memories, landscapes and people that make me happy. But that’s the true gift of life right? Those precious little indescribable moments which put a smile on your face and a bounce in your step.
I thought I’d start sharing a few beautiful things on the blog that make me happy. I’ll aim to compile a collection each month, but who knows I might be inspired to share each week! Let’s see how it goes 🙂
This week I have found happy in the colour yellow, the promise of many more blue skies, lovely notes in the post, as well as other textile artists working with colour.
Check out the references below for what’s making me happy this week:
Pictured from top to bottom, left to right
- Suzanne Tidwell & her beautifully yarn bombed trees
- Yellow fields of canola dotted throughout the central west
- Beautiful handwritten thank you card received in the post
- Magnificent paper dresses by Marcelle Crosby
- Backlit wall decor at The Wine Library, Woollahra
- Text & timber pic taken on an afternoon wander up the lane
- Text & stitch embroidered artworks by Lauren DiCioccio
- Yellow daffodils are overtaking the town and I’m ok with that because I love yellow!
Be happy people x